Monday, June 27, 2011

20/52 Friendship

I made this ring at home while contemplating friendships, it isn't much in it's self, but it inspired me to create the following necklace. I used to make friendship bracelets and necklaces often as a child, my early craft habits peeking out I suppose. I made them fast and well and girls would ask me for them. Ironically, while most people like me, I struggle to maintain lasting friendships.

Yes, life happens and people move away, but I feel it's more than just that. Everyone is too busy, but busy with what? Busy with being with other people. It used to be my grand pity party, but recently it's more of a sober reality. No matter how close I come to someone, to the point that I would do anything for them at a drop of a hat, at some point they push away. I thought perhaps that I am overbearing, so I made an effort to give plenty of space, all that resulted was not being included. So, what now? I'm out of college and working in a very small work environment, I join book groups and hang out in public spaces hoping to make friends... hope... hope... hope...



 The Strands are not a simple continuous strand with equal amounts of string, but a complex web of smaller and larger connections, some of them continue into others while others taper off. 

No comments: