Monday, April 18, 2011

15/52 Final Flight and the completed "In Between" Triptych

Concerning Meaning:

I conceived this concept a little less than a year ago, with the combination of not having a work studio and being scared of getting it wrong, I had prolonged the completion. Four weeks ago I started (only working on Saturdays) and this past weekend it was finished. 

Please feel free to see what you may in this composition, however, everything I do has purpose and meaning. I have heard many an artist refuse explanation in order not to undermine the viewer's ability to draw on these meanings and arrive at their own. I am in between this philosophy and being forthright in my intentions. Below is a BRIEF and abstract explanation of why these creatures are standing here together. Please, again,  I wish you to find your own meaning, expand on mine and gain an appreciation of my message.

Together these three beings (all representative of aspects of my life) create a complex environment. The Deer finds herself (yeah, I know, she has antlers... deal with it) she finds herself between two personalities which may harm or help her. The attention is drawn to the one who can help, not only by destroying the enemy, but by giving her freedom... this creature however, isn't easy to find or to hold onto. She could infact walk on her own, but it is not her nature... she would rather risk gaining the attentions of the Great Deceiver in order to have a companion. Her heart knows however, what a true companion should look like and she hopes to discover him. If she is so fortunate, it would be her final flight. 

 Final Flight
 In Between Worn
In Between Standing

No comments: